MEET: Trad and Tyla from Crowbar Brisbane
We've said it before - and chances are we'll be saying it again - hospo years are like dog years. So when we invite you to join us in wishing the legends at Crowbar congratu-frickin-lations on 6 years of being Brisbane's home of the heavy, really it's more like we're wishing them a happy 42nd birthday.
Obviously they're putting on a bunch of sick shows this week to celebrate: WAAX, Bodyjar, Thy Art is Murder, Phil Jamieson, The Brave, The Hard Aches (check out the week in full).
And while you can't just teach the type of support Crowbar's Trad Nathan and Tyla Dombroski have shown to Brissy's live music scene over the last six years, we hit them up to share a few of the hard-won truths they've gleaned.
6 Things We’ve Learnt in 6 Years of Crowbar:
1. Treat everyone how you wish to be treated. Something we are really proud of at Crowbar is the family of great people we have built. Be cool, don’t be an asshole or a creep, it doesn’t end well for anyone.
2. Hydration… Yup, we love beer that’s no secret. Unfortunately this wouldn’t be possible if we were dehydrated lifeless sacks of humans. Make sure you drink plenty of water - during the day, between drinks and when you’ve had a few too many the night before.
3. Learn when to take yourself home. We all know “just one more” is never just one more. While we commend you on your party efforts we want you to come back tomorrow and party twice as hard!
4. If you can’t find Trad, check on top of the freezer.
5. Hard work does pay off. Behind the scenes, the bar and on the stage. Be the best at what you do - GET IT!!!
6. Tell your friends and family you love them.
Crowbar, 243 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley Brisbane.